Thursday, 7 November 2013

Crispy, chocolate, caramel and coconut bar

I took a little break from my raw dessert experimenting and did some actual real baking over the weekend but yesterday I woke up with a totally new idea. I bought quinoa puffs ages ago and have been having some in my cereal in the morning but then "lightbulb moment" it ocured to me I could pretty much make a crispy cake bar!! This is my take on a caramel crispy bar covered in chocolate, and as I write this I am realising I should have put peanuts in it and then it would be like a snickers....damn, add peanuts it will be even more amazing!



Base
½ cup raw almond butter or peanut butter
¼ cup coconut oil
⅛ cup maple syrup
½ cup quinoa puffs
¼ cup coconut flakes

Caramel layer
1 cup dates, pitted
1 tbsp coconut oil

Chocolate layer
⅓ cup cacao butter, melted
¾ cacao powder
½ cup agave/maple syrup/ raw honey (whatever sweetener you like)
small handfull gogi berries, chopped

Mix the nut butter with the coconut oil and maple syrup until you have a smooth sauce, then mix in the puffs and coconut and press into a mould.

In a processor mix the dates until smooth then add the coconut oil until it is combined. Smooth this on top of the crispy first layer.

Mix all the chocolate layer ingredients together until smooth and then pour on the top and sprinkle the goji berries on top with a little bit of coconut or chopped peanuts.

Cool it in the fridge for at least an hour until it has set.

Enjoy your pretend chocolate bar!

2 comments: